Government of Alberta, Child Services
Strategic Consulting, Strategy Development, Needs Assessment, Instructional Design, Training, Workshop Delivery
Coaching Strategy & Training Development, Government of Alberta, Child Services
Provincial Training and Workforce Development (PT&WFD) developed a new training program for frontline child intervention practitioners entitled Child Intervention Learning and Development Pathway (ChILD Pathway). The new approach to training included a variety of instructional strategies that were delivered within a six-month period including face-to-face instruction, coaching, and integration into practice. PT&WFD put out a national RFP for a vendor to support them in the development of a provincial coaching strategy and relevant training materials for Supervisors of the Child Intervention Practitioner Program.
After project team meetings, a review of documents, and focus groups with stakeholders, eHanlis Inc. developed a strategy for Coaching, to support supervisors for the Child Intervention Practitioner Program. Templates and prototype coaching materials were developed and distributed to Supervisors. A workshop was developed and delivered to Supervisors to provide the skills and tools for successful coaching strategy implementation.
The new training program and associated materials were aligned with the Child Intervention Practice Framework, the legislation and mandate of Children’s Services, social work practice and theory in role-specific training, and best practices for adult learning training.
The following activities were completed for this project:
- Completed needs analysis, which included focus groups with the target audience and a review of existing resources
- Developed a Provincial Coaching Strategy
- Developed of a Coaching Guide for Supervisors
- Worked with subject matter experts for the design and development of coaching prototype materials, templates, and training materials
- Worked with subject matter experts and trainers on the design and development of a one-day workshop for Supervisors
- Participated in a pilot of the workshop
- Completed final edits to the Workshop materials after pilot
- Completed a lessons learned document